Claiming Space

Usually I go through the day trying to be smaller and more compact. I may set my purse on the seat next to me, but on the bus I sit with legs together and arms usually right next to my torso. If I am in crowds or around groups of strangers I will cross my arms at the first sign of feeling awkward or unsafe. By unsafe I mean noticing when others' energy starts coming uninvited into my space.

This prompt had me spreading my limbs and trying to take up more space. I felt pretty silly at first and note that I kept my experimenting to the privacy of my room. I especially  liked how it felt to stretch my arms. I envisioned my heart center opening as I stretched. I envisioned welcoming a loved one into my arms for a huge hug. I envisioned welcoming myself into my life with a huge hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sparklepoints to you for sharing!