Happiness is a new penpal

Photobucket
In June I learned about the Artful Penpals project from Gem. I signed up right away and was delighted to be matched with Lanie from Texas. Last week I received a great letter from Lanie; with the additional treats of beautiful paper for my collaging and a photo of her with her cute daughters. It was such a thrill to see an envelope with calligraphy on it peeking through the pile of junk mail! Lanie does beautiful calligraphy and has an Etsy store to share it with the world.

When I wrote my first letter I felt a little flustered...wondering what to share and what might be of interest to a stranger. Lanie responded to my letter with openness and it felt like we were already well on our way to friendship. I sent my second letter on Saturday and it was so easy and fun to write! I am grateful for new friends and the postal service and the reminder of how great letter writing can be.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the kind words! I got your second letter today. This is a blast! I love your artwork! Awesome! I promise to write sooner this time!

    (all those exclamation points, can you tell I am excited?!!!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Sparklepoints to you for sharing!