Go Nette!


Nette Young
will be reading from her work that combines
interviews of women with various birth experiences and
creative writing interpretations of these birth stories.
Nette is finishing her senior year
at the University of Illinois and
is passionate about women and birth practices.

Following Nette’s reading there will be an
opportunity to discuss all things birth,
ask questions to some of the women whose interviews appear
in the book, and share your own birth story.

May 1st ♦ 7-8pm
Book Vault
Third Floor

I wish I could be at my sister's reading this evening. I would sit in the middle of the crowd and I would remember to smile so she would see a friendly face when scanning the room. Before the reading started I would look around the room and be grateful for the people who are interested in women, in birth and in supporting a local author. I would probably pull out my camera and take pictures. As the reading finished I know I would have a huge smile on my face and such a feel so proud of my sister! I would watch her interact with women from the crowd and see her happiness as she realized she'd given a great talk. I would definitely take her to the coffee shop for a celebratory mocha!


If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~Toni Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sparklepoints to you for sharing!